Time to move on with life
So I guess it was inevitable, I finished .hack/G.U. Rebirth. (pronouced 'dot hack') It is definately one of my favourite RPGs to date (mind you I loved the first 4 .hack games so I'm biased and a fanboy) Ooooh the cutscenes give me goosebumps, I keep watching them over and over. Can't take waiting till summer for part 2 to come out, I'm thinking of putting myself into suspended animation to make the wait shorter.

Still, I've finished almost every single quest and sidequest in the game except for finding 3 players to complete my list. So instead of playing it over and over, which I found myself doing, I've decided to put my copy to bed and move on to other titles.

Hey Adole, you really should play the whole game, took me about 35 hours, but that's with doing all the sidequests, if you just go for story probably about 20 hrs.

I tried Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria, but to be honest I'm just not feeling the magic. The battles are fun, but I hate the part where you run around the battle field before you fight, I keep having to rotate the camera, and those of you that know me have probably figured out that this causes my stomach to rotate.

I'm tied between Disgaea 2 and Digital Devil Saga. What do you think I should play Adole. I've also got Tales of Legendia, but I heard its crap and that Tales of the Abyss is way better. All this is of course moot once Rogue Galaxy comes out. Seems the shops in Sungai Wang Plaza have stopped selling games, they are getting raided a lot so its a gamble if you want to buy games there, no problems elsewhere though.

I guess I'll focus on finishing Forbidden Siren for now.....
posted by Master Magnus on 9:35 AM / there are 5 comments for this post.
 
5 Comment(s):

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Adole said...

wow, u finished the game? i played the game for 10 hours and the game got really exciting. But i detest waiting so long for the 2nd title, so i just keep the game and move on to the other games. I might replay the game from the beginning just to continue to 2nd story. My DVD is a bit faulty though, in one of the coolest cutscenes, the one the hero meets Kite, it is corrupted, hanged everytime i try to play that movie, but luckily i got the movie from internet.
perhaps i might play the game.....but Rouge Galaxy o......i wan to play this first, it's a cool game.

On VP Silmeria, i agree, i dun really like the running and battle idea, i like the original battle better. But i like Lenneth, so i decided to finish the game, not too shabby da game.

Owwwww, Disgaea 2 and DDS (i reckon u mean DDS1 and not DDS2) Both are good games and DDS2 continue from DDS1. But i think i would play Disgaea 2 first, cause it's shorter, provided that u just folo the main story line and just do a bit of sidequest, yes a bit for lvling.

Tales of Abyss is way better, Tales of Legendia is from different producer i heard, they just use the franchise, the art is so different and the story is very different and weird. But one word of warning, since u found that Xeno3 is sorta depressing, u might find this game the same. haha, i got depressed over the 2 games.

I got forbidden siren, but i nvr finished it. hahaha. Oh ya, u might wan to try Trapt (Kagero Deception in japanese). Lay traps and kill enemies, fun.
 


At 12:10 PM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

I had the same problem with that cutscene. I saw it on youtube but it was without sound aside from that bloody mortal kombat music.

If you finish it and unlock the movies there's a long advert type movie that also shows the fight between Tri-Edge and Haseo at the start. Damn cool!!!

I love it when he summons Skeith. Its here! Its here! ITS HEEEERRREEE!!!

I'll probably stick with Disgaea 2, DDS 1 and 2 would take way too long, I never even finished Nocture ;D

Part 2 of .hack/G.U. will be out in summer round june/july. Can't wait.

I got Forbidden Siren 2. I might just give up on the first one. Its kinda annoying having to play through the same missions over and over just to find some damn letter or scarf while being hunted down.
 


At 2:55 PM, Blogger Adole said...

i got the cutscene with the song, acutally my bro also downloaded the song from somewhere, i dunno where, i like the japanese one better. I have unlocked the scene but i still cant play it, still hangs.

I got both the Forbidden Sirens, but i only start a bit with the 1st, i started quite far with the 2nd. I think the control for 2nd is way better than the first.

Still trying to finish DQ8 but it's way too difficult. And since Rouge Galaxy might be here soon.......ah, i need to call the gamestore to check if it's here. haha.I just bought Samurai Warrior 2. nice game.

the clip .Hack//GU vol 2, it's totally awesome, i like the one the 3 unknown (Tri-edge and the gang) rush towards some players name i have forgotten. and got new power. OH YEAHHHHH.
 


At 3:13 PM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

No don't watch the same movie again, that one always hangs. Right when Haseo hears something. All the discs sold in M'sia seem to be bugged that way. Watch the very last movie you unlock, second last is the preview of volume 2.

Of course you need to level up the Book of 1000 in your guild to get all the movies.

I gotta go check out the Volume 2 preview.

I finished Samurai Warriors 1, but after that no motivation to play 2, its just gonna be the exact same missions anyway. Dynasty Warriors 3 was the best, after that I didn't like the others.

Just play Forbidden Siren 2 straight, its less annoying than the first, I'm just trying to finish the first because I'm a bit mental that way.
 


At 3:14 PM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

No don't watch the same movie again, that one always hangs. Right when Haseo hears something. All the discs sold in M'sia seem to be bugged that way. Watch the very last movie you unlock, second last is the preview of volume 2.

Of course you need to level up the Book of 1000 in your guild to get all the movies.

I gotta go check out the Volume 2 preview.

I finished Samurai Warriors 1, but after that no motivation to play 2, its just gonna be the exact same missions anyway. Dynasty Warriors 3 was the best, after that I didn't like the others.

Just play Forbidden Siren 2 straight, its less annoying than the first, I'm just trying to finish the first because I'm a bit mental that way.
 

Post a Comment
div
 
elin
r6p
Danikenkai
ShiNGaMi*HoLoCaust
Master Magnus
chino
cLown
Lali
SiriuzGrey
Adole
Ice_princess
Warlock
Arc
crapper
jkavi
Sai
Ditpet
rudecrudedude
 
Epic Movie
Phuket
No Pok!!! I Told u No Pok!!!
usual ramblings
Busted TV!!!!
The Foul Language Thread
Streamyx
DEATH NOTE TRAUMA
Tv Card.
Last night, i heard from one of my frens that ther...
 
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
October 2009
November 2009
February 2010