The Graphics Post
So anyway, before I start you should all know I am a graphics junkie. I do everything from digital painting to photo manipulations to image enhancements and all that jazz. Now, I take pride in what I've managed to teach myself on Photoshop seeing most people my age (and with my interests) only know how to use Hue and Saturation and install fancy brushes/fonts that they stamp all over images.

I recently became part of a manga (manGa Kavi, not manGGa) scanlation group (Hack The Mainstream), and my job in the project is manga editor (to clean, align,level the scans and then insert the new text in speech bubbles & SFX). So anyway, I was working on a few pieces the other day and when I was done, I realized the quality was crappy.

This shit was especially bananas seeing that they were high quality scans, and I only had the problem after resizing.



And as you can imagine, I was all like WTFFFFFFFFF?!!?!?!? especially since I had been working on the damn thing the whole day.

I sent it in anyway, and was provided samples of the finished product only to realize the quality was so much better than mine. That shit was BANANA's man!!

And I continued to fiddle with the leveling (thinking it was the problem) but knew that leveling had nothing to do with it seeing that it only controlled brightness, contrast and tonal adjustments. The problem was the screentones ( the shading techniques used in manga) were posterizing when it was supposed to look like one continous gray tone.

And then, suddenly it hit me.

RESOLUTION!


Can you believe? I was trying to work a 750 px (width) PNG-8 Adaptive (17 colors only, black and white after all) on 302 dpi. WTF???!?!?!? That shit was BANANAS!!



After that I quickly fixed the problem.



And believe it or not, my work was better than the sampling provided, especially on the smily page (below).



I told you I was good. :)

As you can imagine, I felt like smashing my head in because that shit was BASIC bananas that I should have remembered. Actually I did think about it before I began but completely forgot after. Then it was relatively smooth sailing from there.



And then I remembered another magic tool I almost completely forgot.



Thank god for my father's laptop and my magic tablet :).


Wacom Intuos 2 Platinum Edition

And before any of you complain its not the latest, why don't you shell out 2000 ringgit for a 6 by 8.

So as you can see, when it comes to these graphics stuff I'm extremely obsessive and go crazy over it.

And yes, I do like manga (NOT manGGa Kavi), lol.

That's all for now, until my next cerebral spasm.

P/S :

posted by Lali on 11:34 AM / there are 12 comments for this post.
 
12 Comment(s):

At 2:36 PM, Blogger jkavi said...

hahhahahhaha lali i love you too!!
(errm..lets keep the KABEE thing between you and me laaaa!!)
btw nice post wei..it got me laughing and i can SO imagine you saying those things and cursing and stuff..
well good to see you've got something to keep you going..
take care and i love youuuu!!
have you started driving btw? and can you please top up your phone so that i can replies to my smses
 


At 2:37 PM, Blogger jkavi said...

so that i can get*
 


At 8:44 PM, Blogger Warlock said...

cool , to think i've been nicely reading scanlations without realising how much trouble it is. Thanks lali for giving us nice scanlations .. now go translate some nice hentai dojinshi :P
 


At 8:52 PM, Blogger Warlock said...

Quote :
" Now, I take pride in what I've managed to teach myself on Photoshop seeing most people my age (and with my interests) only know how to use Hue and Saturation and install fancy brushes/fonts that they stamp all over images. "

Look Kavu , that is a dig at YOUR Flickr images ! Hahahah ..
 


At 9:33 PM, Blogger jkavi said...

hahahhahahaha!!
its okay la Lali knows how bad i am at art.. can't help it..
 


At 10:26 PM, Blogger Lali said...

Its ok la Kavi, if you try you surely can.

Yes Warlock, praise your scanlaters! Its a very tedious and time consuming job. maybe when I edit my very first full length doujinshi I'll let you know, lol.

Didn't know there were Lunatics into manga though (even though it is hentai....) I read/scanlate shoujo, BL and yaoi(tasteful). The rest, meh....
 


At 9:13 AM, Blogger jkavi said...

WAIT.. i just noticed..
she said "seeing most people my age (WITH MY INTEREST)"..
hahaha gotcha!
MUAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHA!
okay erm..the point was i dont have the same interest so im off the hook..
yes im a genius! WOOHOO THIS SHIT IS PULEKEPOP WOOHOO
 


At 8:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

www0630
prada shoes
balenciaga sneakers
pandora charms
air max 2017
hawks jerseys
michael kors uk
michael kors outlet
moncler outlet
san antonio spurs jerseys
mulberry handbags











 


At 3:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0706
mulberry handbags
coach factory outlet
nike air max 90
clarks shoes
true religion jeans
ugg outlet
isabel marant outlet
puma outlet
suns jerseys
longchamp handbags

 


At 10:04 AM, Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.8.23
ugg boots
polo ralph lauren outlet
moncler online outlet
oakley sunglasses wholesale
ugg boots clearance
oakley sunglasses
coach outlet online
nike chaussure femme
kate spade outlet online
moncler online

 


At 12:37 PM, Blogger zzyytt said...

balenciaga
moncler jackets
jordan 4
kd 10
gucci belt
crazy explosive
off white
adidas shoes
tory burch shoes
russell westbrook shoes

 


At 9:28 AM, Blogger jeje said...

ralph lauren polo
ray ban sunglasses
fitflops clearance
pandora outlet
clarks outlet
coach outlet factory
jordan shoes
jordans
pandora charms
canada goose

 

Post a Comment
div
 
elin
r6p
Danikenkai
ShiNGaMi*HoLoCaust
Master Magnus
chino
cLown
Lali
SiriuzGrey
Adole
Ice_princess
Warlock
Arc
crapper
jkavi
Sai
Ditpet
rudecrudedude
 
Time to move on with life
Epic Movie
Phuket
No Pok!!! I Told u No Pok!!!
usual ramblings
Busted TV!!!!
The Foul Language Thread
Streamyx
DEATH NOTE TRAUMA
Tv Card.
 
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
October 2009
November 2009
February 2010