Anarchy Online
Oh RYL doesn't work out for us. We found a new online game called Anarchy Online. http://www.anarchy-online.com/

Have installed and played it , seems like a very nice game. Based on sci-fi instead of fantasy and if we are going to play WoW later let's not overdo the fantasy setting to death ...

If you are curious about the races and class , here is the manual http://anarchy-online.com/content/downloads/media/pdf/guides/gameguide.pdf , the game requires a LOT of reading and figuring out stuff but fortunately everything is well documented. You can go through the manual slowly as you play. Since the game is pretty well developed 7-8 years old, the graphics don't feel very dated and even though it doesn't have lots of shiny glowing thing popping left and right (there still are , depends on your character class) it has a very nice feel just like classic pen and paper RPG. They recommend that the players actually role play and stay in character and you can be approached by either the game admins or certain volunteer players who cook up individual quests and storyline. For once an actual RPG instead of "run out of city, look for closest monster, hack, rinse, repeat " type RPG that is prevailant :)

Ok, we got the download in hard copy and should pass it to Magnus this weekend.


p/s: We dont have enough people for DotA this Sat so we are rescheduling for Tues ,Chino and Newbie might be able to make it then ...

This game is free for 1 year.
posted by Warlock on 10:23 AM / there are 5 comments for this post.
 
5 Comment(s):

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Adole said...

so, play this game? then i go get it downloaded.
 


At 4:09 PM, Blogger Sai said...

Ya. download it. although we might not seeing each other on the noob island. But we can join force after that. So far I am Martial Artist, sirius is adventurer and warlock is agent. The rest is up to u guys.
 


At 4:10 PM, Blogger Sai said...

The port needed to open is 7000-7600. Open any port within this range or you will lack like hell.
 


At 2:14 PM, Blogger Warlock said...

yup the noob island are all instances so chances are you wont be able to meet up until you leave the island. Recommended island to leave would be at lvl 10 .. no point staying longer than that .. I'll see you guys on the other side .
 


At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes!!! I can comment. Dunno why it takes forever for the comment window to load up for me T_T

Ok so the AO experience was a mixed bag for me, mostly just because I found the interface a bit cumbersome. I actually hated the game at first (in no small part due to my idiotic maxing of 1HB skill while using Hammer, which is 2HB. What can I say I didn't know how to view item stats and it didn't take up both hands in the wear window).

After remaking my Atrox Enforcer and setting up the appropriate skills I am quite happy with it, but I still feel a bit lost compared to the others. So I was hoping we could share some knowledge here.

First off, I have no idea about what to do with this massive amount of cash. Warlock says implants but I'm sort of lost, can I only make them or can I just buy usable implants right away. (Guessing I'm going to have to max 'treatment' and 'computer lit' for implants and then towers later)

Also, do we have a dedicated healer? I can't heal anyone unless its with treament packs (must sit) and some healing kits. I figure there's no point maxing 'first aid' anymore so I'm going to focus on 'treatment' for wearing implants

On the nano front, I don't have any I can use (save the 1HB buff, but no point for me since i'm 2HB) I was thinking of the aggro nano but its no real use when I solo. If anyone's got recommendations please post, but I will trawl through the forums eventually to decide.

On looting. I don't really mind letting the other loot, just keep an eye out for 2HB weapons and high Strength and Stamina Armour for me. Attack speed, aggro, body buffing implants too.

I'll probably solo on and off to catch up in levels but it shouldn't take to long and I can take out orange & red mobs alone for the most part. We need to come out with an AO schedule. I'll probably play an hour each weekday, but it will be too early for you guys, and I can't do late nights. So maybe we set a time to team-play. Friday night madness if we don't go to Seremban, otherwise pick 2 other weekdays. I have to stop at 10.

This is more a discipline thing for me rather than not wanting to play with you guys, its just I've got too many games to play and this game WILL suck up my whole life if I let it ^_^
So if possible let's try to play hard and fast on our team-play nights. KILL KILL!!!!

Oh yeah this game works in widescreen. Probably the other reason I hated it while playing in Seremban. My dad's PC sucks, he paid 2k for a P4 2ghz with 256mb of RAM and integrated graphics. Sad eh. Now I can keep all the menus open and still play effectively in widescreen.

On a sidenote, I found a mod for Dungeon Seige 2 that lets you use monster and Demon/Daemon classes too. Gotta avoid all the mods and trainers though, will make it too easy I think (saving Sai's mods/trainers for replay ^_^)

Ok that's all I got for now.
 

Post a Comment
div
 
elin
r6p
Danikenkai
ShiNGaMi*HoLoCaust
Master Magnus
chino
cLown
Lali
SiriuzGrey
Adole
Ice_princess
Warlock
Arc
crapper
jkavi
Sai
Ditpet
rudecrudedude
 
random post
The DotA Post
Just thought I'd post this for SPARTA!!!!!
DDS 2
Consoles and Games
Help save Adole's soul
bored in the lab....
HI everyone
Bloody Mondays.....
Movies
 
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
October 2009
November 2009
February 2010