360-everyone, feel free to give opinions and comments
magnus, i wan to ask u something. is ur 360 modded? if yes, u ever gone xboxlive? my questions are

1. since the modded 360 is, how to put this, they modify the drive using flash, so call drive flash, aiya, dunno the term, u get my drift. i m not too sure how they call it. but some people said that if we go live, microsoft wont detect it cause the flash will generate desired feedback. but most poeple said it will b detected easily.

2. i wanted to get some ori games, but now i m afraid that i need to go xboxlive to update. certain games need updates to play. are the games updated through the dvd or we are left without any choice, have to go live? so far LO i update through the disc. other games nvr update b4. just wondering.

there r no good online game for 360 currently at leat to me and i plan to stick with the flash. The retailer where ibought my 360 told me that they still have the bios and i can swithc back to the ori mode, for the time being. if question 2 is ok, then i will stick with modded 360.

on another things, i think i have fallen in love with Girls Aloud, especially their new songs, I Cant Speak French!!!! wooohohohohoohho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIMzh7y_Gbc

feast!!!!!!!

adieu
posted by Adole on 3:22 PM / there are 16 comments for this post.
 
16 Comment(s):

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

Well Adole to answer your questions:

1. I have no idea, they just told me it was modded and all I cared about was being able to commit massive copyright violations.

2. All games that require updates have the updates on the disc you never require online updates unless there is an update released later and you want to play that game online or download additional stuff for the game, then you will need to update online.

I've gone online multiple times on Xbox Live. From what I understand the blocking happens if you try to play games online with other people (for which you need a gold membership that you pay monthly fees for). So the silver package shouldn't give you problems.

I've also managed to download several demos/trailers/content for my games and use MS points, which you sadly do have to pay for. Like for Marvel Ultimate Alliance I got the downloadable heroes/villains pack. for Overlord there is an expansion pack you need to download online.

Xbox Live doesn't really matter actually I guess except for buying stuff off the marketplace that you can only get there. I get my consoles to play by myself or with my brothers. Trust me being online makes a huge majority of people act like assholes, you're better off skipping online play :)

I remember girls alound from when I was in A-Levels, I'm surprised they're still around. I only have a music video of them singing with the Sugababes.
 


At 4:30 PM, Blogger Adole said...

thanks for the infos. wow, i nvr knew Girls aloud were from then, i thought they were 3-4 years only.

oh, now i m can get some games without any doubt. some of the games released in year 2006, probably most, if ciplak one, i cant play, ori wan i can play. i went back to the retailer and they said it has something to do with the drive and the format in which the games r copied. guess i have to either download and burn it myself (i tested with games like panzer dragoon orta which released waaaaay back and it works) or buy ori. one if the games include Enchanted Arms, although a lot of people say it's not a good game, but i kinda like it when i first saw it. if the price was RM100 or less, i would get it, but it was RM160+ in play-asia.
 


At 4:40 PM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

Aiyah got so many 360 games to plaay why you want to waste your time struggling to plax normal Xbox games.

Plus Panzer Dragoon Orta is way overrated, I wanted to use those cool alien looking dragons and got saddled with some weird looking creature ^_^

I never bothered trying to play my old Xbox games on the 360 since I needed to connect to Live to download an update, probably for the emulator.
 


At 4:48 PM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

Hope your retailer isn't ripping you off. Modded 360 is modded and it will play ciplak games I have never heard of special drives that only read some discs but not others. Also there are some games with very good protection where the copies just won't work like Blue Dragon and Battle for Middle Earth 2. Its not the mod chip in the 360 but rather a copy of the game that's messed up.

I suppose you remember every once in awhile on the PS2 there would be ciplak games that had their own special loading screen (e.g. Xenosaga). Its because the game itself needed to be hacked to make ciplak.

By the way I guess you know, but Panzer Dragoon Orta is a normal xbox game not a 360 game. I'm pretty sure the mods were never made with playing ciplak Xbox games in mind, so you're probably out of luck, some of them will work but most might not as even with originals the 360 cannot play all Xbox games
 


At 5:07 PM, Blogger Adole said...

i hope it's not my drive also. i just hope it's the disc format. my fren bought some games under the ciplak name xbox on the cover but it wont work, but once he get the same game under the ciplak name playbox, the game works. as for my case, the older games does not really work, newer games no prob. so far i played GoW and it works, only Dead Rising, N3 and another shooting game released earlier.

yea, orta is xbox game, lol, just wan to test out and ironically it worked, not from ori cd, but from burned cd.

guess i just play what i have now, lol.
 


At 12:06 AM, Blogger Warlock said...

wow .. that is like a lot of complicated stuff. I always like consoles for the stick the disc in and play .. now there is a lot of thinking to do .. argh !!1oneone!!!
 


At 9:04 AM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

No lah where got complicated one. I just went up, said "mau 360, berapa lu kasi", they give, I play, when break I give them and say "rosak wo", they fix it, I play some more ^_^

All this format format nonsense doesn't exist. There is only one format for Xbox 360 games. Like normal, some of the ciplak manufacturers use crap DVDs and such to produce copies and sometimes huge batches of copies don't work. Same thing with PS2 also. The Playbox pirates are good though, so far their DVDs don't give me problems.

After fooling around with DMC4 I finally played it yesterday since my WoW playtime has finished. So fun, managed to down the first boss after dying a few times. Devil Bringer is fun to use. Red Queen blade charging thing is marginally useful, I wish it was more like a gunblade. one charge level one slash just seems meh to me.
 


At 10:39 AM, Blogger Adole said...

lol, i m still searching for answers. i get ur point magnus. i still remember my ps2 when i tried to play Legaia Dual Saga with my older modchips and i get constant freeze on the world map and i could not even play the newer game, to name DMC3 and onwards. i had it changed and i played all the games great including Legaia.

but flash firmware for 360 is not exactly a modchip rite? i read in the www that there are various programmes that can be used to backup games, i think they also mean ciplaking the games. and since 360 comes in many different type of dvd drives (5 or more), could there b a compatiblity issues with the older programmes they used to backup games? the newer one are good. but of coz, ori game still works. only ciplak. tried with n3 and i bought ciplak n3 from various sources; xbox or playbox but still cant play. not because of the game, i m just curioius, as u all may know. lol.

well, i will b doing more searching and will update soon.
 


At 12:00 PM, Blogger Adole said...

just found out that i m not the online person that got this prob. some other guys with benq drive also when play some older games (backup) will get this but not with ori. well, let's just c what they have to say. i thought there might be something to do with the drive, i just got it less than a month!!!
 


At 4:45 PM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

Well the drive is not really something you can do much about. Generally speaking DVD drives have been more or less standardized over the past few years.

However some brand models are a bit more sensitive to rubbish than others. It could be that when you burn the copies you do so with decent DVDs but the old ciplak ones don't work because they were badly produced. I know that all the 360 games I buy tend to be on much higher quality DVDs than the PS2 games on sale now.

Hope you get it worked out. For me 2 games that I just could not play were Battle for Middle Earth and Blue Dragon, the discs just wouldn't load.

The flashing of firmware is the same thing. The firmware is the OS that's stored in a chip inside the 360 which also blocks playing of ciplak games. You either install a new chip to override this or replace the orginal chip with a mod chip or you flash the chip by rewriting a different OS onto the chip that allows playing of ciplak games.

There is supposed to be a 360 mod that can be turned on and off so that you can play online when you want to without getting banned (assuming you want to pay RM50++ a month) but I never looked into it. Since you bought your 360 a month ago I'd wager your modding can't be worse than mine since its supposed to improve over time.

I figure that i'll eventually have to re-mod my 360 (just like PS2, buy too early and then have to mod again later to play all the latest games T_T)

I'm dying to get home and play DMC4, its giving me the rush that WoW never could. The first boss is so cool looking by the way, like a Balrog on steroids
 


At 4:53 PM, Blogger Adole said...

lol, i like DMC4, "it just keep getting better and better". just enjoy the fight and whenever can, use Nero's devil arm to toss the boss, they r wickly sick!! ah, in devil trigger, the grab and toss looks a bit diffrent or extended, even on normal enemies.

sigh.......nvm that, i just wanted to play Enchanted Arm, worse still, i can get the ori, price seems to drop when i check playasia yesterday. if it goes below rm100 like some games, i would happily fork out some cash on it.

now i dun have games to play, waiting for Eternal Sonata. Magnus, u tried Kingdom Under Fire COD? what other game do you recommend? i wanted to play Dead Rising but sadly, the game wont play.
 


At 12:41 AM, Blogger Warlock said...

Good to see you guys having fun with your 360s. Probably wont be getting one ... sadly I have to choose between getting either Ps3 or 360. For now i am leaning towards ps3 but donno la .. make the decision when the time comes (not enough money yet :P )
 


At 9:18 AM, Blogger Adole said...

actually, i was leaning towards ps3 also, 360 is a bit unpredictable due to the flaw. but for now, 360 has more good games compared to ps3. and most importantly, the play ciplak games. but i reckon next year or by the end of this year, ps3 will be hotter, cause big games like FF13 will be out. but for now, i guess i just stick to 360. Gear of Wars 2 in late this year!! another game that wont be found in ps3 and is a good game. so my planning is like this, i m going to buy those multi platforms game ciplak one and play with 360 and buy play ps3 exclusive games ori one with ps3.

i just played Mass Effect and i really like it!
 


At 3:41 PM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

I'll buy a PS3 the minute I see ciplak PS3 games on sale. Right now only things I care about on PS3 are Lair & Heavenly Sword.

Ever since I got my 360 fixed it makes way more noise. Shop tells me its the new fan they put it that's more powerful. It is because the aire blowing out the back is quite forceful, but the noise can get annoying unless you set the sound a bit high. Need to go buy speakers tomorrow for myself. I have to use the stupid mono speaker on my tv box for sound now.

Also while being able to afford ori games is one thing, I've discovered that its quite tough to actually get ori PS3 games here, they're almost never in stock. I'll let you know if I see any ori enchanted arms here, so far only one's I've seen are japanese.

My DMC4 games hangs at the part where you meet Angus and Nero says "t-t-t-t-t-talk" God he's just so damn cool. Says disc unreadable so I gotta go change it today.

Adole have you seen Warriors Orochi on sale, been trying to get that, so far only got Dynasty Warriors Gundam
 


At 5:04 PM, Blogger Adole said...

warrior orichi.......i might have, but japanese version. have to agree that it's harder to find ps3 games also, my place here usually have to place order with the shops only then they order. but i m thinking of buying through play-asia. i think it's a lot cheaper. and at times, they have promotion which makes the games more cheaper. fyi, i also see enchanted arm jap only, nvr english in shop. sian.....

btw, newer fan supposedly makes less noise. but seeming that the motherboard for 360 varies over the time, i think the location of the fan might be diff too. as long can play good enuf liao ^^

now i m into mass effect, my eternal sonata seems to still sesat with the supplier, but lucky i can play mass effect first. the shop still owe me 4 ciplak games, so i ask them to order for me through supplier. too lazy to call today, i call them tomolo.

i bought 2 worlds and the graphic is crappy, dang, wasted my money. i like oblivion better. not many games after, time to get back to mmorpg for me ^^ not until june or onwards. i wan to try GTA4 also, looks nice.
 


At 5:10 PM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

Two Worlds is the dog diarrhea. Its so crap, even they eyes make them look retarded when talking. Waste of RM8, but at least I got DMC4 when I bought that.

Still need to finish my Overlord and Gears of War games, but first I am going out to get some speakers today so that I can really enjoy my surround sound.
 

Post a Comment
div
 
elin
r6p
Danikenkai
ShiNGaMi*HoLoCaust
Master Magnus
chino
cLown
Lali
SiriuzGrey
Adole
Ice_princess
Warlock
Arc
crapper
jkavi
Sai
Ditpet
rudecrudedude
 
summer ends!
hi ya!!!
new place.
its cny ya'll!
spam time
one.miserable.pic
spamaroooo
Funny or memorable moment in DoTA
meow!
bonjour! errm.. moshi moshi?
 
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
October 2009
November 2009
February 2010