On the PSP
Ok here is a quick guide on the PSP for those of you curious/planning to buy.

1) Firmware - your PSP will come with hacked firmware if you buy it in Malaysia. You can even do it yourself if you get an original .. if you screw up you'll end up bricking your PSP (PSP = brick). I've done a firmware update myself so it's not hard , you just have to make sure you don't drop the PSP halfway through flashing your BIOS :p

2) Games - PSP games sells for about RM5 (In KL areas) to RM 10 (a bit ulu places). They are basically just an image ripped off the original UMD's. Anyone with an original game UMD can rip out games and share them. You can just download them off torrents or go to www.pspisoz.com for direct Megaupload downloads. There are 2 main file formats for the PSP - *.iso and *.cso. CSO format is smaller that ISO ( CSO - CompressedISO) .. there is absolutely no reason to get games in ISO format if the CSO version exists simply because CSO saves you lots of space without any apparent downsides ( i've heard someone say that the battery life will be reduced when running CSO instead of ISO but tests I've done shows that the difference is negligable). If you get a PSP i can just burn the games into a DVD and you can transfer them onto the PSP when you feel like playing it.

3) Homebrew softwares - There are lots of homebrew softwares out there which are basically user made softwares as opposed to Sony made ones. As long as you get them from a reputable site with people saying that it didnt harm their PSP , they are safe for use. You can add programs that allow you to turn your PSP into a calculator, PDF reader, Skype, MSN and so on. I only use the PDF reader at the moment .. it's quite handy when you don't have enough time to catch up on your reading and such.

4) Battery Life - If you play the PSP with maximum volume and maximum brightness the battery life will be around 3.5 - 4.0 hours. With moderate setting (this will be the one you use normally) it should last you around 4.0 - 5.5 hours. When you use low brightness and headphones you can get 6 - 7 hours out of a fully charged battery. Oh yeah, playing games use up battery faster than watching movies or listening to MP3s.

That is about all i can think about at the moment. Any doubts, questions let me know.
posted by Warlock on 10:10 PM / there are 10 comments for this post.
 
10 Comment(s):

At 11:18 PM, Blogger ShiNGaMi*HoLoCaust said...

thx 4da info... if i cant save enuf 2 buy a ps3 i mite go 4a psp... but wat makes me feel sad is dat nowadays ppl especially small brats tend 2 misuse da psp... i was walkin around 1utama d other day n i saw a small kid accidently drop da psp but he picks it up n play as tho nth happen... u can imagine da pain i felt when da psp hits da ground even tho its not mine... i haf oso known ppl who buy da psp jz 2listen 2 songs... wat is da world comin 2....
 


At 9:57 AM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

I think that if you buy a psp or a mobile anything...YOU WILL DROP IT!!! No matter how hard you try, or how careful you are, it is a statistical certainty that you will drop it unless you never use it and keep it locked away. So the only real solution is to get some kind of cover and hope it keeps ticking when you do drop it. ^_^

I have a question about games on the card. You know those PS1 games like Final Fantasy 8 with multiple discs, how does it work when you want to change disc/iso on the psp. Because I'll probably want to replay some of my PS1 games.
 


At 12:28 PM, Blogger Warlock said...

I am not sure how disc changing works. I have tried PS1 converted games on the PSP but never multiple disc ones. I think you just have to save the game before the Disc change then you load the game with Disc 2 or such. Let you know more when I do ..

Technicality aside I do know for a fact that you can definately play any PS1 games on the PSP
 


At 12:39 PM, Blogger Warlock said...

Ah now I remember, I saw an ISO for FF8 .. it was around 2.5 GB so i think they just connected all the disks and made one ISO image.
 


At 12:42 PM, Blogger Warlock said...

SP3 : Even I've dropped my PSP accidentally once .. but I think the point he is trying to make is the mentality. To me dropping the PSP made me go "Oh shit oh shit oh shit" the boy probably went "Damn, now i have to bend over to pick it up" :P

SP3 need your input on DotA asap to plan for Fri night plans. If we have DotA some of us will be going for steamboat in Serdang on Fri nite till midnite and then only go back to seremban :p you're welcome to join of course, if mommy lets you come (ask first ar ,don't make us into kidnappers)
 


At 1:54 PM, Blogger Adole said...

steamboat! i fly over to join u guys ^^

jk jk. i would if i have extra $$$ that is.
 


At 3:01 PM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

Nice so looks like I won't have to worry about it then. Since my presentation to the Legal Management Committee for tomorrow got postponed for the THIRD FUCKING TIME, I'm going to go buy my white psp during lunchbreak tomorrow ^_^

I'll call you about steamboat soon Warlock, my plans for KL got cancelled so the only thing left is to determine what time I meet you cos I'm meeting with my aunt after woork
 


At 8:47 AM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

Ooooo I am so gonna click that link right now and become mortally infected with spyware/adware/malware/tupperware.

I'll post after my lunchbreak on whether I got it in the end. Don't think there's a rush to copy games warlock since even if I do buy it today it will be loaded with games anyways. I'm going to go on a castlevania binge first thing.

Adole, I love LO except for 2 things, the incessant loading and the vehicle design. The loading time itself is no big deal, its just that the game loads for every single bloody thing, even walking in and out of rooms (still not as bad as conan though, that one reloads the entire level whhen you die at a boss so its a long load screen).

The vehicles in LO are some of the most ghastly looking contraptions I have ever seen. I feel dirty just looking at them. I like the characters so far but I just do not like Kaim, maybe I'll give it time but his character design reeks of uncool. The dream about Hanna was sad T_T
 


At 12:39 PM, Blogger zzyytt said...

hogan outlet online
lacoste online shop
michael kors purses
links of london
jordan 6
gucci belts
fitflops
birkin bag
hogan outlet
nhl jerseys

 


At 9:28 AM, Blogger jeje said...

ralph lauren polo
ray ban sunglasses
fitflops clearance
pandora outlet
clarks outlet
coach outlet factory
jordan shoes
jordans
pandora charms
canada goose

 

Post a Comment
div
 
elin
r6p
Danikenkai
ShiNGaMi*HoLoCaust
Master Magnus
chino
cLown
Lali
SiriuzGrey
Adole
Ice_princess
Warlock
Arc
crapper
jkavi
Sai
Ditpet
rudecrudedude
 
The latest developments
phantom limb
Planet X / nibiru
Ending
Recent Activity
Mr Kitty inspires us
another madness part 2
Need the advice of a Warlock
pictures again
700!
 
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
October 2009
November 2009
February 2010