Girls and DotA
Since the topic has come up a few times in the Shout Outz box I thought we should have a post on it.

I suppose the real reason we haven't seen any girl gamers so far is because we either play at home or in the Seremban cybercafes. Its a sad fact, but after careful observation I've come to the conclusion that most girls under the age of 35 have left Seremban. So now we have a veritable sausage fest down south.

It's not much better in KL though, the only time I see girls in the cybercafes is when they're chatting online or emailing people, or horror of horrors!! logged on to Friendster!!! (I admit I have a friendster account, although I only log on when people message me *grins*).

Although CrazeeB has pointed out that cybercafes can be quite scary for girls, with all the weird folk there (I'm not talking about Warlock and Siriuz....really.....no seriously I'm not!!). I don't understand guys like this, they behave like they haven't seen women before and gape, make stupid noises, lame come ons. Does this every work? Do girls get excited and go out with them when they do this. No, they most assuredly do not, yet the apemen continue to behave this way.

This of course ruins it for the rest of us because now all girls become leery of guys, even the nice decent ones that just want to say hello and maybe grab a cup of coffee.

But back to DotA and video games in general. I can honestly say I don't know any girl gamers, and the ones I know that will even touch my joypad (sorry, I couldn't help myself) are really terrible players. Now I'm sure there's girl gamers out there. We were almost convinced once when we met this girl at the cybercafe who played a mean Bone Fletcher, but it turned out to be Salty Peanuts in a wig.

Still I do get why you won't find girls at the cybercafes anymore, times are not too good these days. Can't even go hiking or for a walk in the park without inherent risks.

Playing on Battlenet does seem like a good idea to meet girl gamers, but I don't know, I just find that its more fun to have my friends in the same room when we play, then we can hear all the hoots jeers and curses, the arguments as the losing team turns on each other, the cries of victory when someone finally kills Leoric...

It's just not the same online, even though I know its real people on the other end, its not tangible, not satisfying, like how we go to the mamak after a DotA session to discuss the previous matches, compare strategies, curse our friends for trouncing us.

Its quite sad though. I think most of my friends that are gamers always wanted to meet girls and have girlfriends who shared an interest in gaming, yet never did. It's usually a look we get, like why do you waste your time playing games, or that its kid stuff blah blah blah. It's like we go shopping with you, why won't you play video games? Well cest la vie.

Oh yes, before I forget, video game addiction is GOOD!! It keeps us off the streets and from joining gangs, or doing drugs ;)
posted by Master Magnus on 2:25 PM / there are 4 comments for this post.
 
4 Comment(s):

At 11:33 PM, Blogger Warlock said...

It's definately more fun to play together in a Cyber Cafe. You get to jump up and down when you kill someone and you get to rant and rave or in my case get tensed up and become purple when you lose :P ...

We should start kidnapping girls and force them to play DotA
 


At 9:32 AM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

Creepy.......

Maybe if we were more mobile we could have LAN parties once in awhile. A bit difficult to organise though. At least we wouldn't have to worry about weird dudes hanging outside the CC or getting slashed and mugged as has been happening lately
 


At 12:43 PM, Blogger zzyytt said...

cheap nba jerseys
yeezy boost
jordan shoes
retro jordans
adidas stan smith
mbt shoes outlet
adidas stan smith sneakers
adidas nmd runner
yeezy boost
jordan shoes
 


At 9:34 AM, Blogger jeje said...

north face
christian louboutin
hermes belt
michael kors outlet
nike tn
canada goose outlet
michael kors outlet
true religion jeans outlet
ugg outlet
michael kors outlet

 

Post a Comment
div
 
elin
r6p
Danikenkai
ShiNGaMi*HoLoCaust
Master Magnus
chino
cLown
Lali
SiriuzGrey
Adole
Ice_princess
Warlock
Arc
crapper
jkavi
Sai
Ditpet
rudecrudedude
 
Superman Returns!
Hello Visitors
Demonstrations (have you noticed it starts with De...
About Article 11 too
Article 11 Forums Banned, Mob Rule in Malaysia beg...
The 3G era has begun (for me at least)
Reminiscence
For those who think Shaun should stick with one ni...
The Book on Ethnic Relations
A little bit of this and that
 
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
October 2009
November 2009
February 2010