My weekend in Hell
So by now most of you know that I pulled out of our weekend DotA session. Sadly I was stricken with massive food poisoning and spent my weekend spewing forth my essense from various orificies.

It was painful, sickening, debilitating. Drifting in and out of consciousness. All I wanted was to defeat Warlock again and pee on him, but I didn't even have enough fluids in me to urinate. Diahorrea. Vomiting. Chunks of rice and chilli in my nose.

Spent the whole of Saturday sleeping trembling with fever and watching Tv for a bit when I wasn't puking...until watching TV made me feel even more like puking. Sunday sucked too. All the while I was tormented non-stop by my evil grandmother whose sole goal in life was interrogating me about what I ate, not because it would help cure me, but to prove that it wasn't her cooking that gave me food poisoning.

Terribly sorry for pulling out of DotA though, I was thinking of coming and maybe barfing between games during the loading screen time, but the diahorrea meant that I would have been a major threat. What if I killed Warlock and got so excited I shat myself. Plus there were no diapers available so I couldn't risk it.

Woke up on Monday feeling faint with a massive pounding headache everytime I stood up or moved about. Doctor told me I had low blood pressure and was severely dehydrated. So at least I got one sick day out of this, it would have really sucked to spend the entire weekend doing nothing.

Since all I could do monday was sit around I spend if finishing Final Fantasy XII.

Yes I did it. At level 53 with no super weapons!!! My life is mine again and I will be celebrating by going out with real human beings this friday. The final boss battles are super cool and fun. I'm still sore about the battle system though, spent most of the game pushing up on my joystick. I think I might just replay FFX to get that fun FF feeling back. The final boss of FF12 so reminds me of the final boss of Vagrant Story and a particular monster you should all be familiar with.

Saw this movie called "Beerfest" yesterday that Ram downloaded. Its absolutely piss ass funny. He nearly choked and died on his dinner and my abdomen nearly ruptured, being already weak from the constant throwing up. Again if you guys can't download it give me a holler and I burn it for you.

Did anyone go see that Southpark episode I mentioned poking fun at anime "Good times with weapons"? You guys really should. Tell me what you think.

I decided to get a Seagate HDD after reading Sai's post. Will be waiting till payday since I'm trying to save my bonus up for migrating so I'll be waiting till be end of the month, will probably go ahead and buy the biggest size they have. As for upgrading my RAM I think I might just stick with 512MB, I dunno if I really need 1GB. Any opinions on this?

I feel totally detached from the world right now. I have no idea what is going on locally or globally. Heck I have no idea who got pwnd in DotA last weekend.
posted by Master Magnus on 10:03 AM / there are 6 comments for this post.
 
6 Comment(s):

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Sai said...

If you really need a lot of space is better you seperate it into 2 smaller HDD instead. Anything happen also you can immediately make a backup. But it will end up more expensive of course. So this is just my opinion. For your info I using 1 120G and 1 160G HDD. 120 for OS and gaming and 160 for data and download. Current RAM size normally is 1G so I recommmend that as well. 512 is just too small for anything.
 


At 12:19 PM, Blogger Adole said...

ouch........food poisoning sux. getting any better today?

I so lazy to play FFXII now o, trying to get espers, and it is boring. Playing some older games, i mean really old games.
 


At 2:04 PM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

Well the old stomach is a bit tender, but on the plus side I have the makings of a 6-pack now. See people all you need to do is puke for 1 and a half days straight. Forget crunches.

I dunno about partitions Sai, I mean if my hard disk crashes I lose everything on both partitions right. I have an 80GB one now thats partioned into 2, but I'm gonna get like a 200-250GB Seagate if the price is right. Thats only gonna be for my data (mp3, video files, doujinshis). So the 80GB one will be for my OS and other software. Even if I do partition up the 200GB disk its still all the same if it crashes right?

I'm getting it more because I don't wanna carry loads of DVDs around with me when I travel, otherwise I guess I don't really need it anyway.

I hear you on the 1GB or RAM, I never prioritized it since I don't really play games on my PC anyway and I've never experienced slowdown. But I'll decide once I've tried out DotA with you guys online.

Adole, you know what, I honestly did not enjoy the combat for FFXII at all. The final battles are all really cool thought. I love Judge Gabranth, he rocks, but my fave villain is actually Dr. Cid, he is so wicked.

Espers suck man. They get raped by the regular monsters, forget bosses. I hate the espers. Aeons in FFX weren't such pussies. In FFXII the Esper doesn't even seem to be as powerful as the summoner and that timer thing is crap. The only decent overdrive is Belias' so far.

I got my Zodiac Spear and am in the process of getting everything else and gonna search for the ultimate summon and bosses/hunts.

I think I'm gonna play Marvel Ultimate Alliance...
 


At 2:59 PM, Blogger Adole said...

yea, i m not very fond of the battle system either. they should just stick to the old battle system, the turn based. y would they wan to change? just like xenosage 2 and 3. ah, memories.......dun wanna think of xeno 3. I think for summon, the best is still until FFIX, summon and hit. Summon in FFX looks cool, but also a bit wimpy, unless u get the magus sisters. My Shiva and Valefor can get raped in 2 hits by bosses, not fun.

FFXIII rocks, the trailer is cool, check it out guys. Very advent children ish.

i prefer battle like grandia, Kingdom Hearts 2 especially with the trigger mode, awesome. Battle system like legaia also good.
 


At 3:22 PM, Blogger jkavi said...

this blog is getting scary.. i dont understand anything..
okay time to jammm... chao
 


At 3:50 PM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

oh man my aeons pwnd everything in FFX. Bosses are of course a different story as some of them can 1-hit-kill aeons. In FFXII they get raped by everything.

Plus to top it all off the espers I have so far alll look lame. I just hack and cast my way through dungeons with my regular characters instead of wasting mana summoning them.

Anima was way more badass than those sissy Magus Sisters (shittiest summon evar, even shittier than Eden from FF8). The only real difference with aeons was they max out really fast, but once you max out your characters it becomes an issue of having 3 power characters or 1 powerful aeon.

Plus you know what, I didn't get the main story of FFXII at all. I'll let you guys finish it before discussing it though
 

Post a Comment
div
 
elin
r6p
Danikenkai
ShiNGaMi*HoLoCaust
Master Magnus
chino
cLown
Lali
SiriuzGrey
Adole
Ice_princess
Warlock
Arc
crapper
jkavi
Sai
Ditpet
rudecrudedude
 
blah blah blah
Dota Video
So its PC Fair time at KLCC
Possessed
Hamachi is nice
Pathetic horror movie
wheee
Angry Caller
Hypersensitivity
Revenant wings
 
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
October 2009
November 2009
February 2010