The Music Post
Well due to the fact I officially lack a life, it’s no question how much time I spend in front of the computer everyday. And whenever I’m online or typing something (like this post, lol), I always have my media player playing something from my music library (right now I have Take That’s ‘Patience’ on). Sometimes I sit in front of the PC for hours just listening to music. One reason I do that is because my stereo died some time ago, and I have to wait to ask my dad if I can steal my brother’s from his room :p (He’s in the US, it’s not like he’s going to miss it, lol). Anyway, I thought I’d write a bit on the music I like to listen to, because personally for me, I find it very important in my life and it can affect my mood a lot. That’s probably why I enjoy dance tracks a lot more to ballads and slower stuff. This is in no particular order.

Please click on the pictures to have a better look, they're all blurry due to Blogger's resizing

1. George Michael



Ok, go ahead and laugh, but I adore this man and his music. Recently he released his second greatest hits album, ‘25', with a few new singles including ‘Easier Affair’ (OMFG, Best Song Ever beeeyaaatcch!). I’d like to get it, but I am broke, and 90 % of the songs on the CD I already have on my Limited Gold Edition ‘Ladies & Gentlemen : The Greatest Hits’ Dual Disc set (It set me back 100 bucks). I also own his latest new CD, ‘Patience’, so yeah, if I had the cash I would buy ‘25' just for those two extra singles because I’m a mega fan, but I’m poor :(.

George Michael is one of the only artists whose music from long before I still enjoy, I have tons of other people I like now for their latest music but I despise their earlier records. That whole 80's thing turns me off in general.





Some of my favourite GM tunes ever :

1. An Easier Affair
2. Jesus To A Child
3. Father Figure
4. Desafinado (with Astrud Gilberto)
5. Outside
6. As (with Mary J. Blige)
7. Fast Love
8. Freedom 90 (oh please, how could you not love this one?)
9. Star People 97
10. Spinning The Wheel
11. Patience (its more like a poem set to music though)
12. Amazing
13. Cars and Trains
14. Round Here
15. Flawless (Go To The City)
16. Freeek! (LOLX)
17. Through

Ok, I know there are a lot, and there are actually more, but hey, there’s a reason I’m a mega fan :p

And if you are wondering, yes, this is the guy that got arrested for ‘lewd’ conduct in some bathroom in Beverly Hills, he is the gay dude, the one that does pot and has the super hot boyfriend. Personally, I don’t really care, and if I could only go to one concert ever in my whole life it would be tied between George Michael’s and the guy next on my list.

2. Chris Botti

Yup, the trumpet player from Oprah. But in truth I’ve known about him for quite a while. He plays amazing jazz music, more modern and appealing, not like that cliched elevator music like Kenny G or whatever. He merges jazz with chill/house/lounge music, the latter of which is my favourite genre ever and produces a unique and amazing sound. It also helps that he’s cute :p. Anyway, I have a poster of him in my room, and doesn’t he look young? He’s actually 44.







Some of my favourite CB tunes ever (some tracks have vocalists) :

1. All Would Envy
2. Ever Since We Met
3. Indian Summer (Holy shit, BEST SONG EVER!!!)
4. No Ordinary Love
5. When I Fall In Love (Sigh...)
6. The Look Of Love (Holy shit, BEST SONG EVER!!!)
7. All the live tracks I can get my hands on. The Botti Band improvises during live shows and the fella plays like he’s having a heart attack! It’s amazing....

Sadly, I don’t have any of Chris’s CD’s yet. I’m trying to pool money together, because of all the CD’s I want his the most. And I’d give anything to go to his show, like, seriously. Mega fan, beeeyaatch!

3. Duran Duran

I know ok, go ahead and laugh. I have their latest CD ‘Astronaut’, and I really love a lot of their older stuff too.

Some of my favourite DD tunes :

1. Ordinary World
2. Come Undone
3. (Reach Up For The) Sunrise
4. What Happens Tomorrow
5. Bedroom Toys (I know how it sounds, but it’s the cutest track ever)
6. Ok, the whole Astronaut CD la...

4. Hard-Fi

An indie British band. I have their CD ‘Stars of CCTV’, They only have one album thus far.

Some favourite H-F tunes

1. Hard to beat (OMFG, Best Song Ever!!!!!!)
2. Cash Machine
3. Tied Up Too Tight
4. Move On Now
5. Living For The Weekend (This is the anthem of our generation)


5. INXS


Ok, ok, I know what you’re thinking. Yeah, this is the band that found their lead singer with the reality show Rockstar INXS, and I was really skeptical at first since I’m not a big fan of reality shows, but only, and only after I heard their singles I’ve fallen into this OMFGJDFORTUNEISAMAZING!! obsession. Not too big a fan of their earlier stuff though.
I have their CD ‘Switch’, which I won in a competition :p. And a part of my soul died when I couldn’t go for their concert in August :( .



Some favourite INXS tunes :

1. Devil’s Party
2. Pretty Vegas
3. Afterglow
4. Hot Girls
5. Never Let you Go





Artists whose music I really love and listen to almost everyday but am too lazy to write separate descriptions about :


1. Depeche Mode
2. Mew
3. Massive Attack
4. Take That (Who doesn’t love a classic boyband?)
5. Psapp
6. The Buddha Bar Soundtrack
7. Basement Jaxx
8. Boomkat
9. Daft Punk
10. Garbage
11. Jamiroquai
12. Modjo
13. My Chemical Romance (Have their latest CD)
14. Oasis
15. Robbie Williams
16. Starsailor
17. Sugababes
18. Texas
19. The Engine Room
20. Prodigy
21. Will Young
22. Tommy February

Songs of the moment (which change extremely often) :

1. Depeche Mode - Martyr
2. Psapp - Cosy In The Rocket
3. Chris Botti - Indian Summer
4. Chris Botti - The Look Of Love
5. Basement Jaxx featuring Lisa Kekaula - Good Luck
6. BoA with Mondo Grosso - Everything Needs Love
7. Garbage - I’m Only Happy When It Rains
8. Modjo - Rollercoaster
9. Oasis - Wonderwall
10. Take That - Patience

And a whole load of others. It’d be nice to know what sort of music the other Lunatics are into too.

Oh, and if you ever want to trade music, feel free to add me on MSN. I like to spread the obsession :p.
posted by Lali on 7:15 PM / there are 10 comments for this post.
 
10 Comment(s):

At 11:29 PM, Blogger jkavi said...

lali!
nice postie..

btw.. INXS reminds me of the oh-so-hot JD.. wheeeee!!

speaking of which... i remember warlock reading your post on conversations.. the masturbation camps at africa thing.. geez good thing he hasnt blogged about it.. warlock, warn me before you do please.. many on this blog dont know the "when im with lali" side of me... hehehe!

lali, i love you :)
 


At 1:13 AM, Blogger Warlock said...

nice post lali. Maybe we should come with a title or a theme and ask everyone to post on that theme/title ...

I want to post about music that I like but a bit too busy this weekend :p

If any of you other lunatic doods are reading this make a "Music" post ok. Mastrubating with trumpets don't count ..
 


At 1:30 AM, Blogger jkavi said...

nobody uses trumpets except you, warlock :P
even i've upgraded to tennis rackets.. grips better than badminton rackets ^.^
 


At 9:49 AM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

tennis rackets with better grip Kavi?.....NICE >_<
 


At 9:22 PM, Blogger ShiNGaMi*HoLoCaust said...

err kavi.... u use d tennis rackets 2do WHAT??!!???!!?? m i reading things?? sum1 slap me!!!
 


At 11:44 PM, Blogger jkavi said...

ask warlock, shaun..
he knows exactly what he does with his trumpet, and what i do with my rackets.. :P

no shaun you're not reading things..
this blog causes hormones to rage at times
 


At 10:44 AM, Blogger Lali said...

While you're all getting excited about masturbating with a trumpet, don't forget to listen to Chris Botti. His music is TEH SEX
 


At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you wish to tell it?
 


At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am final, I am sorry, but you could not give little bit more information.
 


At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The plant's root is used in traditional herbal supplements to increase testosterone levels in men. The herb contains ethalonic essence, which improves the work of chorionic gonadotropin, which in turn helps increasing testosterone levels. Higher testosterone in your male sizegenetics triggers an increase of muscle mass, stronger sizegenetics, better sexual performance, lesser sizegenetics fat, increased sizegenetics metabolism, lessened stress, and improved brain function and memory.No, that isn't only young guys in their own twenties who long to provide a bigger penis. Men of all ages are secretly asking themselves: How can I be making my penis bigger?.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/
 

Post a Comment
div
 
elin
r6p
Danikenkai
ShiNGaMi*HoLoCaust
Master Magnus
chino
cLown
Lali
SiriuzGrey
Adole
Ice_princess
Warlock
Arc
crapper
jkavi
Sai
Ditpet
rudecrudedude
 
death note :)
Funny
my current new interest, bleh :P
ramble..ramble..
Episode XXX : The Return of Magnus
Toilet fetish
Super Saturday....
haha!
drove home :)
new year resolution....!!!!
 
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
October 2009
November 2009
February 2010