Digital Devil Saga
So, everytime I think there's hope for me to go back to having a normal social life, a game gets popped into my Playstation 2 to totally crush that hope. Its not so bad I guess, since my fiancee is far far away the going out part usually involves hanging out with people and complaining or listening to them complain about work, an activity that becomes tedious a lot faster than you would think.

So now I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei's Digital Devil Saga or DDS. I've been a fan of SMT's games since I played Persona on the old Playstation and got my ass handed to me repeatedly in Nocturne. Let me take time out to say that Nocturne was so impossible hard that I gave up, its like you can get killed just like that in a regular random battle.

DDS is a beautiful game (and dare I say it, also better than FF12). Its got great music. Warlock, you'll love all the guitar based tunes they have, if anyone knows a site I can get the soundtrack off post here, can't find it via the regular channels. The graphics are great and combat is fun.

You basically live on this world called the Junkyard where its perpetually raining and you are Serph the leader of the Tribe Embryon. All the tribes are at war with one another, with the victor given the right to ascend to nirvana. There is so much hindu influence in this game that its kind of shocking since it is a japanese RPG.

Plus this is my kind of game since you turn into demons when fighting and get to devour your enemies to learn abilities. The demons here are also not the run of the mill horns and batlike wings type but highly unique to this and other SMT's games.

So that's basically it, I've spent the weekend playing Disgaea 2 and DDS. I haven't spoken much about Disgaea 2 because its basically the same as the first one, which is fine by me. There's so much to do, so I'm avoiding the sidequests like the plague and focusing on completing the story so that I can move on to the other games.

As much as I want to max out stuff in Disgaea 2, I'm going to buy another memory card first, I can't handle the trauma of putting in 100+ hours only to have my save lost, which happened with the first game.

Yes, sad I know, this is how I've been spending my time, aside from looking fr new jobs. I've been thinking of expanding my search to Seremban though, at least I'll get to spend time with the siblings before I'm gone for good. We'll see how it goes.

What about the politics? Well, now that the Official Secrets Act is being used against the opposition members who exposed the highly secret toll concessionaire agreements, I've decided that I never want o talk about Malaysian politics or government ever again. I don't eevn care about voting. As we fall further and further on the foreign investment chart, and believe me we are in freefall, crime will go up and there will be racial violence. After all this has been carefully cultivated for 50 years, the only thing stopping it is that people are comfortable with their lifestyles. If nothing changes that lifestyle is going to get eroded and there goes our harmony, stability and tolerance. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

At least we still have cheap video games ;D
posted by Master Magnus on 9:40 AM / there are 7 comments for this post.
 
7 Comment(s):

At 5:22 PM, Blogger jkavi said...

why dont you work at chow kit road..
i think your services would be much appreciated there..

is your job at the towers THAT bad?
 


At 9:14 AM, Blogger Sai said...

I want to play games also but my graphic card say otherwise.
 


At 11:40 AM, Blogger Adole said...

u might be able to find the OST from bluelaguna (i need to check, havent been donwloading for a while). try google it.

I like the graphic. it's very smooth. I like the game concept also haha, Persona and SMT series all involves occults thingie.

DDS2 is hard. i reached the final part but one of the mid boss is just too hard to handle, hha, still training.
 


At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the things about DDS and even Nocturne is that no amount of levelling up can help you sometimes, you need to know the enemies' weaknesses. You'll probably have to learn so skill, heck mybe you need the 'almighty' skills if the boss is resistant to everything.

Can you tell me something Adole. In DDS2 you can get Heat back in your party if you do certain things in DDS. But Heat will replace one of the new characters in DDS2. So my question is, is the new character worth it? or should I try to play DDS so that I get Heat in DDS2. I'm thinking I'd rather try a different character, unless the new dude is much more worse than Heat.

Need to go build more karma and atma now to master my mantras (I just needed to say that ^_^)
 


At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My job isn't so incredibly horrible the first time you get into it, the lack of autonomy, the bureaucracy, politics, its not totally unbearable.

Problem is that it eats away at you over time. The longer you're here the more you can't stand it...

Its something you'd never be able to understand until you start working. I suppose the reason why it pisses me off is because I can leave anytime but am held back by circumstances like the name of the company on my resume and the fact that I won't be here long enough for it to matter if I go work elsewhere.

Still its not so easy to suck it up and push through for the next few months. You wake up in the morning and you tell yourself things will be different and you psyche yourself up, but in the end its all the same and you're deflated mentally by 11am.
 


At 5:04 PM, Blogger Adole said...

On Heat, although i finished the game and converted the data to DDS2, i did not see any difference, i m not too sure though, i just play the main story line for DDS, i did not do any quest (no walkthrough). The new dude, to me he is about the same as Heat, so if u like Heat, u might wan to train him. Cause the stats Disks in this game are ample, can always boosts his other stats. Frankly, i did not favor Heat very much, hahah, my opinion might have been biased. i like the lady better (forgot name). DDS2 is a very sad one, in certain parts.

But it's good if u can play DDS first so that u can grip the story, although DDS2 can be played without going through DDS. Now i m just trying to get the ultimate mantra. It's so hard, cause now even though i have a lot of spoils to sell, i cant find a salesman. darn......
 


At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes the parts where you can't go to the terminal to sell shit for hours at a time gets annoying. Usually I never go past a point of no return in a dungeon until i'm fully prepared and learned everything I need.

I use a walkthrough just to know what abilities I need to know, otherwise it can get damn annoying.

I like Heat, especially his winning pose and his attitude towards the new laws of the junkyard. The girl is cool simply for having mouths with jagged fangs on her boobs.

I think I won't try to get Heat for DDS2 though, at least I can try someone new rather than use Heat all over again. I was just worried that the new guy might suck big time and that Heat is way better. So far my Heat is kicking ass and then eating it. My Serph is almighty because I use all the noises on him and I use Demon Feast on frightened enemies a lot.

No money to buy mantras from the temple......100k plus now...
 

Post a Comment
div
 
elin
r6p
Danikenkai
ShiNGaMi*HoLoCaust
Master Magnus
chino
cLown
Lali
SiriuzGrey
Adole
Ice_princess
Warlock
Arc
crapper
jkavi
Sai
Ditpet
rudecrudedude
 
dota Fanart
Question on Computer Casings
The Graphics Post
Time to move on with life
Epic Movie
Phuket
No Pok!!! I Told u No Pok!!!
usual ramblings
Busted TV!!!!
The Foul Language Thread
 
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
October 2009
November 2009
February 2010