The latest bits of news
So Johor has been reflooded and our goverment that so vehemently refused foreign aid that we supposedly didn't need now is in desperate need of volunteers. I could pretend to care, but I really don't. Still it must be pretty lame to have your house flooded, clean it up and then have it reflooded.

I've been getting treatment for my sinuses. Nothing exciting just 3 injections one each week. But when I was at the clinic yesterday there was this lady with fucked up looking eyes and I later found out that she was going blind. The reason was that she was short sighted and cold bear the pain and sufering of wearing glasses/contacts, so she went for lasik eye surgery at some unknown cheap ass clinic and now she is going blind and there's nothing anyone can do. The ultimate case of penny wise pound foolish. I mean you save a couple of bucks where you can, we all do, but not when its shit like your health, or surgery. At least it she was going to die and she took a risk by going to a cheap place because that's all she could afford that would make sense, but she was fine, even if she couldn't afford to go to a reputable institution with high end equipment she could have just not gone.

This leads me to my often cited theory that people love fucking their lives up. Somehow the people with massive problems almost always seem to cause it for themselves or actively try to make their situations worse. Classis example is of course poor people who can't afford to support themselves having multiple kids.

Anyway I promised myself I wouldn't preach today. Must fight the urge.

So I've recently come to a decision. I've decided that I hate my job and I don't want to work in the 'civil service' anymore. Its really lame and I've tolerated it as much as I can. So come March I will be off wreaking havoc elsewhere, unless of course if I have grossly overestimated my employability.

Its time for a change in my life, I realised it the day I was ironing my shirt for work and looked at the iron thinking it would be preferable to beat myself half to death with it than spend another day wallowing in the muck with people bearing the mental capacity of 2 year olds.

The decision to actually do something is one I have hesitated to make for awhile. Mostly the usual fear of change I guess.

I'm looking forward to a DotA session this weekend, its nice stress relief. Sadly it looks like this may not come to pass since everyone is busy. Which means it will be back to sitting naked in the apartment playing Grandia 3.
posted by Master Magnus on 10:01 AM / there are 2 comments for this post.
 
2 Comment(s):

At 12:28 PM, Blogger jkavi said...

why don't you take up a job as a stripper..
at least i'd have something to keep me going :P
 


At 2:53 PM, Blogger Master Magnus said...

I'm sure you would Kavi, but there's no establishment in town that is willing to pay my sky high prices.

You know what the best part is, I told one of the girls at work about the blind lady at the clinic and the first question out of her mouth was 'Was she Malay?' ahahaha

Oh well, we can all see how that's relevant right.

Add me to yahoo. I've neevr been disconnected from Yahoo even during that whole earthquake/slow net nonsense.
 

Post a Comment
div
 
elin
r6p
Danikenkai
ShiNGaMi*HoLoCaust
Master Magnus
chino
cLown
Lali
SiriuzGrey
Adole
Ice_princess
Warlock
Arc
crapper
jkavi
Sai
Ditpet
rudecrudedude
 
UNO!
The Music Post
death note :)
Funny
my current new interest, bleh :P
ramble..ramble..
Episode XXX : The Return of Magnus
Toilet fetish
Super Saturday....
haha!
 
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
October 2009
November 2009
February 2010